Thursday, September 2, 2010

Is couscous bad??

Is couscous fattening? because I ran out of leafy greens and had couscous instead, I get the feeling its bad 'cos I'm so full, maybe I ate too much....an interesting thing happened today, my daughter who's four asked me "Why are you fat?" how do you answer that? its bad enough that she picks at her food, so I don't really want her to think about what shes eating may make her fat, in the end I told her that I made the wrong choices and didn't eat enough greens. Hopefully she'll eat some greens!! personally I didn't think that I looked that big never mind just more fuel to keep on track.I've also been wondering.. if they have a free Quit line for smokers to give up smoking, why don't they have a free diet line for dieters, its all over the news (sometimes) how obesity is an epidemic so why do you have to pay so much to change?

1 comment:

  1. "Couscous Grain" is a yellow granule of semolina, made from duram wheat. The calories are:

    calories-88; carbs- 18grams, cholestrol- 0, fat- 0, Protein- 3grams, sodium- 4 grams

    Whereas "White long grain", regular unenriched cooked no salt: 1 cup

    calories-205, carbs-44.5 grams, cholestrol -0, fat -0.4 grams, Protein- 4.3 grams sodium 2 mg

    "Brown Rice: medium grain, cooked, 1 cup;

    calories 218, carbs-45.8grams, cholestrol 0, fat-0.3 grams protein 4.5 grams

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am a thirty-one year old single mother of two, a ten year-old boy and a four-yearold girl. I am the youngest of six girls, trying to work out how to lose weight so I can be a better parent for my kids.